15 Questions on Current Banking Awareness for the month of January-2012
Banking Awareness Questions are most likely asked in IBPS Exam.In the IBPS PO Question Paper 2011,40 % of the Questions are asked from Banking Terminology and Current Banking Affairs.For the help of Students, we are posting the Current Banking Awareness Questions.In this post we are publishing 15 Questions on Current Banking Awareness and Socio Economic Affairs.Students must read these questions and try to memorise them.
Students appearing for IBPS Specialist Officers Exam in March, 2011 must find the questions helpful in their preparation of the Exams.
1. RBI in its mid-quarter monetary policy review on Dec. 16, 2011 made—
(A) Change in repo rate
(B) Change in CRR
(C) Change in SLR
(D) No change in any policy rate
2. In second quarter of 2011-12, the GDP growth at factor cost was registered at—
3. 19th summit of ASEAN was organized between 17-19th November, 2011 in—
(A) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(B) New Delhi, India
(C) Bali, Indonesia
(D) Cebu, Philippines
4. To which of the following sector, Khandelwal committed is associated with ?
5. Which of the following saving scheme has been terminated by the government w.e.f. November 30, 2011 ?
(A) Indira Vikas Patra
(B) Kisan Vikas Patra
(C) 5 years National Savings Certificate
(D) 10 years National Savings Certificate
6. Loans provided by banks to farmers small traders come under the category of—
(A) Commercial Loans
(B) Priority Sector Lending
(C) Non-profitable loan
(D) Zero interest loan
7. Which of the following statement is true regarding Marginal Standing Facility ?
(A) It became 9-5% (raised from 9-25%) w.e.f. Oct. 25,2011
(B) This facility was started w.e.f. May 7, 2011
(C) RBI on May 3, 2011 announced to keep it 1 per cent above the existing repo rate
(D) All of the above
8. RBI has modified the validity period of issued cheques and bank drafts w.e.f. April 1, 2012. The revised validity period is—
(A) 4 months
(B) 3 months
(C) Retained at 6 months
(D) No time limit
9. Which of the following company has been awarded as 'Company of the year' in the Corporate Excellence Awards of Economic Times for the year 2011 ?
(A) Tata Motors
(B) Reliance Industries Ltd.
(C) Bajaj Auto
(D) Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
10. As per the latest directions of IRDA, what is the maximum number of SMS to be sent from one mobile phone per day ?
11. Government in November 2011 decided to raise the authorized capital of EXIM Bank from the existing level of Rs 2,000 crore to—
(A) Rs 3,000 crore
(B) Rs 5,000 crore
(C) Rs 10,000 crore
(D) Rs 12,500 crore
12. Govt, has raised the interest rate on small savings schemes w.e.f. December 1, 2011 on the recommendations of—
(A) Shyamla Gopinath Committee
(B) Rangrajan Committee
(C) Y. B. Reddy Committee
(D) Khandelwal Committee
13. New interest rate on Public Provident Fund (PPF) has been raised from 8% p.a. to—
14. In Human Development Report 2011 India's ranking on HDI stood at 134th place with HDI value—
15. Which of the following train at present covers the maximum distance on its route ?
(A) Himsagar Express
(B) Vivek Express
(C) Himgiri Express
(D) Hawarah-Jammu Tawi Exp.
Next Post -----> 10 more Questions on Current Banking Awareness